Whether you have a modest estate and are looking to transfer the family home to heirs, or you have a more complicated estate involving business assets and you want to protect your legacy from taxation and probate, Thompson Legal can work with you to determine the best options available for a comprehensive estate plan that will addresses personal, medical, and family issues including:
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Advanced Directives and Living Wills
- Wills and Trusts
- Other Probate avoidance documents
When you or a loved one has been injured through no fault of their own, you can’t rely on an insurance company to compensate you fairly. Insurance companies have lawyers, and claims personnel that are trained to settle claims for the least amount possible. Shouldn’t you have a trained advocate too?
Thompson Legal has the expertise to navigate your injury case. Thompson Legal will fight to get what you deserve.
When a conflict cannot be handled outside of a courtroom, you need an experienced litigator to protect your rights. From generalized disputes with a business partner to complicated issues involving the need for document discovery and aggressive representation in a lawsuit; Thompson Legal has the experience to handle your issue. The firm has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants, and can assist you when a dispute must be settled by a lawsuit.
When buying or selling real estate, the parties to a real property transfer face distinct challenges. Sometimes those challenges are handled informally and without delay. Other times, real estate transactions involve the need for an experienced lawyer. Thompson Legal can assist with a variety of property issues including:
- Quiet Title actions which are often needed to correct defects in the title to a property.
- Warranty issues and disclosure requirements when selling residential property.
- Landlord / Tenant law and the representation of both landlords and tenants.
- Easements and rights held by non-owners.
- Contract enforcement related to the buying or selling of property.
- Probate cases to transfer title from a deceased family member.
Home Owners Association (HOA)
Thompson Legal has represented dozens of homeowners’ associations in areas ranging from insurance disputes to the collection of mandatory due owed dues and all things in between. Thompson Legal serves as General Counsel for multiple homeowners associations and provides an affordable and experienced solution to the issues facing these unique corporations. Thompson Legal can provide assistance with:
- Collections services customized for homeowners’ associations and designed to provide for the affordable recovery of unpaid assessments owed to associations.
- General Counsel services including serving as the registered agent of the association which provides an early analysis of unforeseen legal issues facing associations.
- Enforcement of covenants to assist the association in maintaining property values, and neighborhood appeal.
- Liability issues for common areas.
- Notice and legal requirements for special assessments or capital improvements.
- Covenant Amendment projects.
We have answers. Call us today at 405.633.2539 or fill out our online contact form and we'll get in touch with you.